Friday, September 01, 2006

Mr Mix From Nesquik

Mr Mix - the man from Nesquik!

I had (and in fact still have) a Mr Mix (a cartoon character who advertised Nesquik) glove puppet. The head was made of plastic and I always thought my finger smelled fascinating when it had been in there...

Strange days indeed...

Mr Mix wasn't the most exciting cartoon character ever to appear in TV advertising. In fact, he lacked character, and simply twirled about acrobatically, looking jolly and stirring various milk shakes. Despite this, I loved him dearly and nothing could part me from my Mr Mix puppet!

Happy days with...

Mr Mix - the glove puppet...

Mr Mix is so chuffed about Nesquik...

Two Mr Mix tumblers - a special offer from Nesquik back in the 1960s.

Advertisement from a children's comic, 1969 - "URGENT! Help Mr. Mix spot the silhouettes."

The Mr Mix "Bendy" toy.


No comments: